To be the leading producer of high-quality meat and meat products for local and international markets.
To establish and maintain best practices and standards with the involvement of members and other stakeholders to produce value for money meat and meat products.
UMPCU has five thematic areas: –
- Enhancing Livestock production & productivity; through the model farmer & the mentorship approaches
- Increasing Financial access & Inclusion; through the provision of working capital, credit & advance to cooperative members
- Livestock marketing, Value addition & Enterprise development; working where cooperatives are developed as centres for livestock marketing, business innovation, and business development
- Lobbying & Advocacy; through engaging different livestock stakeholders on policy direction, review or change
- Institutional development; by increasing participation of all stakeholders from the grassroots